POWER Grants for Small Businesses
Get a Business Grant up to $5,000
The Global Advertising Charity Network (GACN) POWER Program is a donor funded program that provides small business grants to its entrepreneur members. The POWER program is designed to help members start, operate, and grow their small businesses. POWER provides grants up to $5,000 to help entrepreneur members that are facing financial hardship due to COVID-19. Entrepreneurs regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, and national origin can apply for POWER grants.
Statement of Need
When the coronavirus outbreak first began in early March, many of our small business members began taking steps to adjust their business models to keep their company afloat. They immediately started following CDC guidelines to reduce the number of customers in their businesses at one time and they started offering hand sanitizer to every customer who walked through their door. Eventually, they pivoted to offering alternative options such as pick-up, before having to officially close doors due to stay-at-home orders.
Within the first weeks of closing their doors, members saw revenues drop dramatically. Additionally, their businesses had to cut staff due to a slowdown in business operations. When the SBA launched its first round of $350 billion in government loans on April 3, many members were unable to submit information through bank websites and were advised it would take several business days for systems to be up and ready to process their application. Eventually, after waiting a few days, they were able to submit applications. But, like many small business owners, were denied a loan as funds for the program quickly ran out by April 16.
Our Goals and Objectives
Together with our supporters, GACN provides education, resources, and grants to entrepreneurs with small businesses and startups. The following guiding goals and objectives inform our work:
- Support entrepreneurs by training hundreds of volunteers and employees to advise entrepreneurs in the process of starting a business.
- Inform and guide entrepreneurs through educational workshops and mentoring programs.
- Develop supporting content dedicated to entrepreneurs, including useful information to help them finance their business, expand their network, and advance their entrepreneurial adventure.
- Connect entrepreneurs’ networks of national or international partners.
- Form strong partnerships, as well as the first partnership dedicated to supporting small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) led by minorities.
- Offer high-level support services, like the uSPARK National Entrepreneur Conference, which gathers every year bold and talented entrepreneurs from around the world.
- Support strong initiatives that aim to boost the role of entrepreneurs in the economy, both the United States of America and worldwide.
- Raise awareness among younger generations to promote a culture of entrepreneurship among students between 13 and 25 years old.
Join GACN Today
Be the first to know when applications open for new small business POWER grants. Need funding now? Apply for a short-term business loan. Receive funding in as little as 10 minutes.