ON-THE-JOB TRAININGGACN HOMES APPRENTICESHIP
Earn While You Learn a Skilled Trade
WHAT IS THE GACN HOMES APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM?
The GACN Homes Apprenticeship program provides the opportunity to learn a skilled trade while earning income in the field while you are training, often referred to as an “earn-and-learn” model.
“Apprenticeships are opportunities to experience on-the-job training while also attending school and getting paid. These intensive programs are often focused on training individuals for careers as electricians, plumbers, painters, bricklayers, welders and other hands-on skills based jobs. To qualify for the GACN Homes Apprenticeship program, you must be at least 16 years old, reside in Central Florida, in good physical shape and take a placement test. The apprenticeship program is 1 to 4 years in length and involves working full-time or part-time with a licensed and experienced contractor. From the beginning of the program, you are getting paid a training salary and receiving benefits. The application deadlines vary depending on the type of trade.”
IS AN APPRENTICESHIP RIGHT FOR YOU?
Are you a student in high school planning your future? Are you out of high school and looking for a new direction? Or, do you have a job and are looking for a different career? Discover if the Apprenticeship Advantage is for you.”
Who can be an apprentice?
• Anyone can be an apprentice. In general, apprentices must:
• Be at least 16 years or older, or in the case of hazardous occupations, 17 years or older.
• Be able to perform the work, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Have the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to learn the job.
• Provide proof of age, high school diploma or equivalency (GED), honorable military discharge, etc., to meet program requirements.
WHY TRAIN AS AN APPRENTICE?
• On-the-job training. You’ll get your hands dirty (literally), apply your knowledge and skills and learn by doing.
• No student loans. Currently, the average student debt in Florida is $35,496 and the proportion of students with debt is 55%.
• Employment. You will earn while you learn.
• Career potential. Apprenticeship can take you in many career directions.
WHY TRAIN AS AN APPRENTICE WITH GACN?
• We offer multiple trades. We offer apprenticeship programs in five trades: carpentry, construction craft laborer, electrical, painting and plumbing.
Compared to a college education, there’s virtually no cost to you personally. The program is funded by various private and public sources. You will need to purchase the tools required for your trade.
• Paid on-the-job training.
• Health benefits. Including medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
• Build your professional network. Our members are some of the most talented construction professionals in Northern California.
• Start Your Own Business. GACN will help you start your own business or place you with an existing business to help you obtain financial independence.
Applications open April 4, 2022
Join the waitlist and be notified when applications open.